6.07.2011

I'm Lindsey and I'm with the Constructivists...

Hello all. I am Lindsey and I am in your class. Yea! I have freckles and big black glasses.  I am getting my degree in Elementary Education because I want to be rich.  If I had to pick a theory of learning I identify with, I would have to choose the Constructivist theory.  This theory holds that we learn through our experiences.  We reflect on the experiences we have and our learning is derived form that reflection.  I believe the students learn from hands on activities an experiences.  Students must be shown how the topic of study is used in the real world.  This allows them to relate it to prior knowledge and enhance their learning.  The days of hour-long lectures are gone.  For teachers to be successful, they must allow students to have experiences with the topics so that they may construct their own learning from them. It has been a pleasure blogging with you this week.  Chao!

http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2class/constructivism/index.html

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete